1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
If you turn on the news today you will find the featured stories often involve what has gone wrong in the world for that day. We created Faith In The News to be a website that brings you one featured story of the day that is meant to encourage and uplift you in your faith. We hope you will join us in the mission of encouraging others by sharing our featured story of the day with your friends and family.
Please sign up to receive our Shareable Story of the day in your email everyday:
On top of our shareable story of the day, Faith In the News will be your go to resource to find the latest and best articles and videos about Christian faith from around the web. We welcome your questions and comments through our contact form.
We are a non-denominational Christian community that holds the following beliefs:
- We believe that Jesus was literally conceived and born of a virgin named Mary (Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:26-33).
- We believe that Jesus lived a sinless life (1 Pet. 2:22; 1 Jn. 3:5).
- We believe that salvation is in none other than through the name, person, work, and grace of Jesus Christ (Jn. 14:6; Jn. 3:16; Rom.5:8).
- We believe that all 66 books of the Bible are the “only” inspired word of God to the world. We do not acknowledge the Apocrypha, Psuedopigrapha, Gnostic Gospels, or the Book of Mormon to be “inspired scripture” (2 Tim. 3:16).
- We believe that God is the creator of all things, is all-powerful, all-knowing, and in control to do as He wills (14:15; Jer. 32:17; Eph. 3:20; Psa.139:1-4; 1 Sam.2:6-9; Psa. 24:1).
- We believe that all of humanity has fallen short of God’s glory and is in need of salvation; hence the reason Jesus came to the earth (Rom. 3:23; Rom. 6:23; Rom. 5:8; Jn. 14:6).
- We believe that God is one, but reveals Himself through the persons of the Trinity as The Father, The Son as Jesus, and The Holy Spirit. Furthermore, we believe that each Person of this Trinity is God (1 Cor. 8:6 6:44; Rom. 1:7; Isa. 9:6; Jn. 1:1 Acts 5:3; Heb 9:14; Jn. 4:24).
- We believe that those who die without salvation go to a literal place called Hell (Psa. 9:17; Psa.73:12-19; Luke 16:23.26; Jn. 12:48).
- We believe that those who belong to Christ will inherit eternal life in a literal Kingdom of Heaven (Isaiah 65; Zech. 14).
- We believe that Jesus will return to gather His people, as well as the resurrection of the dead in Christ at His return (1 Cor. 15:21-23).
- We believe in the water baptism of believers in Christ (Acts 2:38-41; Acts 22:16).
- We believe that Christ is the Head of the church, which should be governed by Him and that ministers are simply under-shepherds (Eph. 1:22-23).